Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Modified Files (Read 1689 times)
DanielP
YaBB Newbies

Modified Files
Dec 18th, 2019, 2:37pm

Hello,
We use Watch FTP for several tasks, we also use FolderMonitor.
Thanks for these products!

Our basic use of WatchFTP is monitor a client's FTP, download new files, then process them on our end (Which removes them).

One client has an SFTP where they have the same excel filename and just update it with additional records each day.  The problem I have is WatchFTP does not appear to be seeing this change as the file never downloads.  Am I missing a setting?

Another client has a similar issue where the file name stays the same so it isn't downloaded.  They place a zip file on their ftp for example named datafile.zip, when they want to give us another file they rename datafile.zip to datafile<currentdate>.zip and place a new file on the FTP called datafile.zip.  Only the first datafile.zip and datafileMcurrentdate>.zip is downloaded the new file they placed on the ftp with the same name never downloads.

Am I missing a setting or is there something we can do to make it download files that are modified?
Thanks,
Daniel

IP Logged
Gert
YaBB Administrator
Translator

The Netherlands
Re: Modified Files
Reply #1 - Dec 19th, 2019, 11:11am

Perhaps on the "Synchronization" window you have the option "only download new files" set?

Contact me at support -at- gdpsoftware -dot- com
My blog: http://blog-en.gdpsoftware.com/
WWW   IP Logged
DanielP
YaBB Newbies

Re: Modified Files
Reply #2 - Dec 19th, 2019, 3:00pm

Wow it seems obvious when you point it out.

That option was selected initially because I think the assumption was that option prevented the same file from downloading each time.

Thanks for the help!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print